Today I am writing about the love story between Developers & Git and some other tools. So the people who are new to this jargon and not really know what that means? Let’s change that! 😉
If you are a software developer as a student or professional, you will surely use a version manager to manage and manage your software projects. GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab are some of the best-known managers today.
You can primarily use/manage Git on the command line, however, there are several graphical user interfaces (GUI) Git clients, which one of them is GitKraken. In this article, I want to show you some information about GitKraken, a tool that allows us to fulfill these purposes in a graphic and simplified way.
What is GitKraken about? It is a powerful and elegant multiplatform graphical interface for Git developed by Axosoft, as an alternative to the command line. In a very simple way, we can keep a complete track of our repositories, see branches, tags, create new, all the history of our work, commits and so on.
Something very interesting about GitKraken, beyond the visual, is that it is multiplatform. It is currently available for Windows, Linux, and Mac. Among its most relevant features are the following:
• Built-in fusion tool.
• Integrates with a user’s GitHub or Bitbucket account, GitLab.
• Supports undo and redo functions with one click Keyboard shortcuts.
• It allows managing several profiles at the same time.
• Tree with the history of highly functional commits, being able to manage your branches and commits directly on it to have a visual form of the changes you are making.
• It has a simple, intuitive and customizable interface, with two themes to choose from Light and Dark.
With regard to the tool, it has a free version and a paid version for its PRO version, but generally, we will only need the free version to carry out personal projects without any problems, since the functionalities are the same.